The only hard thing for me about going keto this year has been is that I miss bread, pizza, cheese & crackers. I don’t need them every day, just once in a while. This recipe for keto-friendly pizza is as close to the real thing as I’ve found. Really, I was surprised how much this looks, tastes, smells and “chews” like a regular pizza. An added benefit: The ingredients are so rich that one or two slices I am full! And with net cards of 2 grams per slice (not counting whatever toppings you choose), this is guilt and gluten free.
Keto Pizza Crust
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Your favorite toppings & more cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Microwave mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl until mixable, about 45 seconds
- Remove from microwave, add in egg, almond flour, baking powder, seasonings. Mix well with a spoon or your hands. Crust will be a doughy ball at this point.
- Measure out two sheets of parchment paper, place the ball between the sheets and roll out until about 1/4" thick.
- Remove top layer of parchment, place the crust and bottom layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. You may need to poke some holes in the crust with a fork if it starts to bubble up.
- Remove from the oven, add your toppings, and bake for another 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust browns a bit.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy!