Easy Einkorn No-knead Sourdough Bread
- 1 cup proofed/bubbling sourdough starter
- 6 cups Einkorn flour
- 2-3 cups room temp filtered water
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp citric acid totally optional!
- In a large bowl (preferably with a lid), add the flour, sourdough starter, water and salt and mix until blended. It should be a gluey thick batter, a little thicker than brownie batter.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm spot for about eight hours, or until bubbly and doubled in size. In the winter, I prefer to turn my oven light on and keep the bowl in there.
- Once the dough has risen sufficiently (8+ hours, depending on ambient temps), remove it from the oven. Place your empty covered casserole in the oven and set the oven temp 450° F.
- Once temp is achieved, remove your casserole from the oven. CAUTION: HOT HOT HOT! Remove the lid and gently pour the dough into the casserole, being careful to not disturb too many bubbles. Cover and bake for 60 minutes. PLEASE NOTE: You may have to experiment with bake time due to altitude differences.
- Remove the bread from the oven and remove lid. After 10-15 minutes: dump the bread out of the casserole, place on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing and serving. I usually leave it on the counter over night (in a plastic bag, to soften the crust) and cut it in the morning with a meat slicer.