I love a good flavorful Italian dressing. I’ve been using Good Seasons Salad Dressing Mix, but over the past few years have been using processed foods less and less due to extra ingredients that really don’t need to be in there and I really don’t want to consume. Such as MSG in any form, sugars, artificial or ‘natural’ flavorings. Here’s a mix you can make yourself that contains only herbs and seasonings. You can store this mix in a jar in the pantry and mix up some fresh dressing whenever you need it.
Good Seasons salad dressing knockoff
Dry dressing mix
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1 TB onion powder
- 2 TB dried oregano flakes
- 1 tsp basil flakes
- 1 TB parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp celery salt or celery seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 TB sea salt
- 2 TB water
- 1/4 cup vinegar red wine or apple cider
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together and store in a jar for future use.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dressing mix and wet ingredients (water, mix, vinegar, oil) in a jar or cruet (the Good Seasons ones are great). Shake well and let sit for 15 minutes so dry ingredients to soften (can be kept in the fridge to thicken).
- Pour some over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing.