This is the first keto ‘bread’ recipe I came across that actually turned out great! They are quick and easy to make. They take a longer time to bake than you’d expect, but it’s worth the wait. They smell like baking bread, look great, taste great! The rolls keep in the fridge for days and can be sliced and toasted to be used for mini sandwiches, buttered toast, toaster oven pizzas and are great to dunk in soups. I’ve been told they freeze well—I’ll test that out the next time I make them and update here.
Keto Rolls -- my favorite keto bread recipe!
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp ground psylliam husk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- toppings (optional) Sesame, poppy, "everything" bagel mix, etc.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well until dough becomes a bit fluffy. I mix in the vinegar and eggs first, then quickly stir in the water to form a foamy dough.
- Form 6 rolls out of the dough using WET hands. I wet my hands for each roll. Sprinkle optional topping. You may need to rub a little more water on the rolls so the topping sticks better.
- Bake at 350° for one hour. Enjoy!