Post coming soon.
Hot & Sour Soup
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 3-4 cloves Minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Asian garlic chili paste
- 2 Tbsp Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 Small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can Sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup Fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup Sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup Sliced reconstituted tree ear mushrooms
- 1/2 pkg Med-firm tofu, cut in small blocks
- 3-4 Tbsp Soy sauce or Tamari sauce
- 4-6 cups Water or chicken stock
- Lemon juice or rice vinegar, to taste
- Cornstarch (or egg yolk) to thicken
- Toss chicken with garlic, chili and fish sauces and let sit for 15 minutes
- Fry chicken in olive oil until firm, add other ingredients except for tofu, cornstarch and lemon juice or vinegar.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, then add in the tofu, juice/vinegar and thickener. Adjust other flavors to your taste (fish sauce, chili sauce).