A very flavorful traditional recipe! Easy to make and very fresh.
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 salads
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup vinegar, red wine or apple cider
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- ? anchovy paste (or Vietnamese fish sauce) to taste
- 1 egg yolk stirred
- 1 TB worchestershire sauce
- 1 sm head Romain lettuce washed, dried & torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup croutons
- ? ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
Place lettuce in bottom of a large bowl. This can be covered with a damp paper towel and kept in the refrigerator until serving time.
Remove dressing from fridge about 15 minutes ahead of time to soften (olive oil gets thick in the fridge).
Just before serving, remove lettuce from fridge and add parmesan, croutons and ground pepper. Shake dressing well, pour about 1/4 over salad ingredients, and toss.
Store leftover dressing in the fridge.