Scotch Broth (Lamb Soup)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 large carrots chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2-1 lb lamb chopped
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 quarts broth chicken or beef, or a combination
- 1/2 cup sherry (cooking sherry is ok)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the carrots, onion, celery and garlic in olive oil until onion starts to become translucent, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add lamb. If lamb is raw, sauté about 10 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add barley, then broth and cook until barley is tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Add sherry and salt & pepper. Serve and enjoy!