Carrot Cake, Joe's Favorite!
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 c oil (coconut oil is especially good)
- 4 eggs room temp (esp. if using coconut oil)
- 2 c flour (can use Einkorn)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 c carrots grated (medium)
- 1 c pecans chopped
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° (This recipe seems to work as is at this temperature, regardless of elevation.) Butter baking pan if needed.
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, soda, powder, salt, cinnamon) and set aside.
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the oil (mix with fork) into the sugar.
- Add four eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add pecans, mix.
- Add dry ingredients, a cup at a time, mixing well. Add grated carrots, mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Pour into baking pan, bake for 1 hour or until toothpick or cake tester comes out clean or cake springs back when pressed with a finger.
- Cool for about 15 minutes on a rack, then remove from baking pan.
- Slice and serve with your choice of a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream or cream cheese icing—or plain (my favorite).